The decisions you make affect the very future of the enterprise as well as the lives of everyone in the company.
As a leader at this level you must be keenly self-aware and have amazing clarity about your strengths and shortcomings. You must also know when to trust your instincts and when to follow the guidance of your advisors. Your words and actions can define the culture in the business and your behavior creates the template that others will use. As a participant in the Executive Leader Coaching program you will focus on these things:
- Creating clarity about the leader you are today. Then building a focused vision for the leader you want and need to become to achieve your goals and the organization’s goals.
- Identifying your strengths and your passion and surrounding yourself with those who can help you execute in areas where you are less likely to focus.
- Spending time on what’s most important. You need to make a conscious choice and clear commitment to what’s most important. Otherwise you could end up doing the least important things really well. The holy grail of leadership is deciding how you spend your time. Everything else depends on this choice.
- Building the right culture. People make choices at work based on what they see around them. Build and sustain a culture that helps them make the right ones. A great strategy can be quickly blunted by the wrong culture.
- Choosing your inner circle. The people closest to you help determine your success. They influence you and speak for you to the rest of the organization. Choose them well and teach them to be the advisors you need to manage the business successfully.